Accolade Moving & Storage offers all relocation services at affordable rates
Here are a few helpful tips:
- Dispose, sell or donate unwanted articles prior to moving to streamline packing.
- Loosely wrap glass, stoneware and all fragile items using two layers of plain paper or cloth (Clean socks work well!).
- Wrapping items in newsprint may leave stains on certain items, so it’s best to use newsprint for things that can be wiped off easily, like cutlery or certain ceramics.
- Pack all loose items in boxes, not bags.
- Tape boxes across tops and edges and label them clearly according to room placement at your new location. This will make unpacking that much easier!
- Label and place screws and small parts from disassembled furniture and equipment in small clear plastic bags. There’s nothing more annoying than trying to assemble furniture only to realize you’re missing half the screws, so make sure you think ahead.
- Transport jewelry, money and valuables in your own vehicle. For your more precious (and fragile) possessions, Accolade Moving & Storage Company recommends keeping them with you at all times during the move.
- Organize and label electronics and cables before your move for easy set up at your new location. Cables have a tendency to become extremely tangled, so taking steps to minimize this will save you some grief when it comes time to unpack.
- Pack food securely in sealed bags for extra protection.
- Pack and clearly mark a box for ESSENTIALS that you will need immediately when you reach your new location
Never Pack Flammables Such As: